Wednesday, September 8, 2010

By Popular Demand...

You asked for it.  Now here it is. By popular demand, I'm very proud to introduce you to the Conversations With My Husband blog!

The idea for this blog came as a natural progression from having these silly, honest, mind-boggling and funny conversations with my husband.  I started posting some of them as status updates on Facebook.  They became quite a success among you, our friends.  The status comments came in quickly and ignited mini conversations between our friends and family, who are also very funny.  But the requests to turn them into a blog really surprised me.

So here we go.  I hope to update this as regularly as Justin comes up with this stuff.  And I hope not to disappoint our audience. (Boy do I hope he stays funny)

Please know that this blog is just meant to be funny.  If you know us, you'll probably find it pretty humorous.  If you don't, then some things may be considered offensive to you. For that, I apologize, but I ask only that you choose not to follow us and keep your hate off the comments.  They will be deleted and you will be ignored.

And just because you've all been so eager to get this blog off the ground, I'm going to start off with some from last night's $1 beers.  Hope you enjoy.

To Blog or Not To Blog

Me: "So I started our blog today.  Its started, but not published yet."
Husband: "Awesome! You should put the old stuff from Facebook on there."
Me: "Yeah, I was thinking about saving the old ones for the slow times when you're not so funny."
Husband: "Girrrrrl, what are you talking about?  60% of the time... I'm funny ALL the time."

Can I Get A Mixer For That?

Husband: "Have you ever had that liquor that looks like a person?"
Me: ::blank stare::
Husband: "You know, its Italian... tastes like hazelnut."
Me: "Frangelica?"
Husband: "Yeah!"
Me: ::staring at the bottle::
Husband: "It looks like Aunt Jemima syrup.  Yes, it does!"

Gifts From God?

Me: "Where did you get another beer from?"
Husband: "The sky."
Me: "You didn't get a beer from the sky. Who gave it to you?"
Husband: "Evan."
Me: "And who asked for the beer?"
Husband: "Ummm..."
Me: "Your mouth?"
Husband: "Nooo---ooo"
Me: "Your voice?"
Husband: "Nooo---ooo"
Me: "Who then?"
Husband: "My evil twin."
Me: "Well I wanted to leave and now you have a full beer. That's not fair."
Husband: "Well I want you to give me a kiss."
Me: "Because you're awful?"
Husband: "Awfully great! Yeah!"

Stink Bugs Fly?

Me: "Ugggh, there's a stink bug in the office.  Its on the ceiling."
Husband: "That's not a stink bug."
Me: "Yes it is, its shaped like a shield. Stink bugs are usually shaped like that."
Husband: "Stink bugs don't fly."
Me: "Yes they do!"
Husband: "Since when do stink bugs fly?"
Me: "Since EVOLUTION."
Husband: "Well, I want gills, but you don't see me..."
:: 10 minutes later::
Husband: "What are you doing?"
Me: "Looking for the stink bug, I just tried to kill it."
Husband: "Well, I'm sure it will come crawling back soon."
Me: "You're not helping the situation, thanks."
Husband: "Well I don't see him."
Me: "You have to help me!  I don't want it crawling back soon- with a vengeance!"
Husband: "I can't find it."
Me: "Yes, that would be correct.  If you don't get out of your seat or actually DO ANYTHING... you won't find it."
Husband: "That's my point...  blog THAT!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment